Since my birthday was on Sunday I thought about what I learned about myself and life so far in 25 years. So here’s the result:
1. It’s never to late to try something, even if it’s for the second, third, fourth (…) time.
2. You can always stand up if you fell.
3. Never listen to anybody. Really. Never. Okay sometimes, if you really need advice, but still do what you think is the best to do. People try to distract you sometimes or think they know what’s best for you – they don’t. The only person who knows is you.
4. If you don’t want to do one certain thing anymore – just keep on going! I thought a lot about quitting my studies but I kept on going and it worked out! Sometimes you have to go through times you don’t want to go through but it’s worth to stay focused.
5. Friendships fade and that’s okay – some are just not determined for eternity.
6. Dreams can come true if you work hard for it.
7. Don’t compare yourself to others.
8. Be confident and love yourself – if you’re unsatisfied with something, simply change it.
10. Money can’t buy happiness. It sounds like a quote out of a calendar but since I have been in Canada seeing this incredible nature and surrounding myself with so many positive vibes I know this is what counts.
11. Life is beautiful – there’s no reason to be upset for small unimportant reasons.
12. My mom is still my best advisor although I turned 25. Love you!
13. Take time for yourself.
14. Not everybody will like you – and that’s okay!
15. Step outside your comfort zone once in a while and do things you won’t do „normally“. It helps you to get to know you a bit better.
16. Live your life as you want – don’t let anyone make you feel guilty about living it your way.
17. I’m stronger than I think – and so are you!
18. Always wear a smile 🙂
19. Always choose happiness!
20. When nothing’s for sure, anything can happen.
21. Changes are a good thing, don’t be afraid of it. As a famous quote says: Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay it’s not the end.
22. I love traveling and as long as I live I will spend most of my money for it.
23. Don’t get angry because of small things – calm down and accept it the way it is.
24. Don’t try to change others – they won’t. The only thing you can change is your attitude and yourself.
25. There’s still a lot I have to learn.
Hope it inspires you a little or motivates you not to give up and think a little more positive sometimes.